At The Ambassador, we offer residents the highest quality activity programs to enhance their daily lives. Our goal is to engage each resident in at least one activity every day that challenges them intellectually, physically and/or spiritually, of their own interest and always at their own pace and ability. We offer them CHOICES.
Ambassador Program Choices
- “Great Courses”: Video lectures by university professors on a wide selection of topics from Art, History, Music, Literature, Politics, Science, Religion and Health.
- Physical Exercises: Certified senior fitness experts utilize stretch therabands and 1 lb weights focusing on the importance of balance and strength.
- Fine Arts & Crafts: Drawing and painting classes, art appreciation, the meaning of color and composition, jewelry making.
- Memory Exercises: Challenging visuals
- News: Daily Reading of The New York Times World News, as well as The New York Science Times on Tuesdays
- Games: Daily N.Y. Times Crossword (Monday) puzzles worked on as a group on an enlarged grid.
- Movies: Screenings of a selection of Netflix films in different genres. Matinee Movie Classics with Back Story Discussions; new releases in the evening.
- Videos/TV Recordings: “Armchair Travel”, NOVA, Frontline, Specials, Concerts and Operas.
- Guest Speakers: Occupational and Physical Therapists present on topic of “Fall Prevention”. White Plains Hospital: “Breast Cancer Detection”
- Board of Elections: Residents who wish to complete an absentee ballot may vote when the Board of Elections are on-site.
- Happy Hour: Happy hour is hosted every week and a special Birthday Happy Hour celebration at the end of each month.
- Listening Book Club: Weekly chapters of a best seller.
- Special Inhouse Events: Family parties; Butterfly Release to remember loved ones; Summer BBQ’s, Grandparents Day, Las Vegas Day, Funny Olympic Game Day.
- Entertainment: Weekly live entertainment and classical music appreciation.
- Trips: Outings to shop at local CVS stores and public library visits are a regular weekly event, as are trips to a variety of museums, live theater productions, local opera, lunch or dinner trips.
- Intergenerational Programs: Groups of children of all ages visit and create activities with the residents.
- Religious Services: Jewish Residents: A Rabbi conducts Friday Shabbat service as well as services on all the Holidays. Catholic Residents: A priest says Mass every Saturday evening. There is a Rosary and Stations of The Cross group recitation once a week. All Holy Days are observed.