Ambassador Program Choices
- “Great Courses”: Video lectures by university professors on a wide selection of topics from Art, History, Music, Literature, Politics, Science, Religion and Health.
- Physical Exercises: Certified senior fitness experts utilize stretch therabands and 1 lb weights focusing on the importance of balance and strength.
- Fine Arts & Crafts: Drawing and painting classes, art appreciation, the meaning of color and composition, jewelry making.
- Memory Exercises: Challenging visuals
- News: Daily Reading of The New York Times World News, as well as The New York Science Times on Tuesdays
- Games: Daily N.Y. Times Crossword (Monday) puzzles worked on as a group on an enlarged grid.
- Movies: Screenings of a selection of Netflix films in different genres. Matinee Movie Classics with Back Story Discussions; new releases in the evening.
- Videos/TV Recordings: “Armchair Travel”, NOVA, Frontline, Specials, Concerts and Operas.
- Guest Speakers: Occupational and Physical Therapists present on topic of “Fall Prevention”. White Plains Hospital: “Breast Cancer Detection”